Thursday 17 January 2013

Djokovic coasts into third round


Defending champion Novak Djokovic has turned in a commanding performance to crush American Ryan Harrison 6-1,6-2, 6-3 and march into the third round at the Australian Tennis Open.

The world number one allowed the young American just one point in the first three games and says it's one of the best Grand Slam matches he's played.

"In the earlier rounds yes, probably. I've played many matches in grand slams in my career so it's tough to compare which one's the best but I'll take it under the circumstances."

Women's second seed Maria Sharapova has become the first player in 28 years to reach the third round of a slam without dropping a game.

Sharapova says she had to keep focused.

"It's always tough especially when you're up a set and a couple of breaks to keep that momentum and I really forced myself to concentrate and just get the job done today."

No comments:

Post a Comment